We are all familiar with the popular social networking site Twitter, but do you know how to use it in order to help increase your business audience? In actuality, Twitter is a wonderful marketing tool for businesses, especially those just starting out and wanting to spread the word about their services. While it may seem silly to focus a lot of your marketing efforts on gaining followers, it may actually be well worth it in the long run. When someone starts to follow you on Twitter, they not only see your tweets, but they may also become an integral part of your business. In fact, a recent study uncovered that followers can help you increase your sales and grow your audience quicker than many other forms of marketing. Here is a look at some of the most noteworthy statistics from that study:
- 70% of people retweet a business’s post because they find the content relevant and interesting
- 60% of people have purchased a product or service from a business because of Twitter
These stats alone show how important it is for your business to have a strong Twitter presence. It should also be noted that even just one new follower can benefit your business in ways you may not even have realized. While strength in numbers is definitely a good goal to have, don’t forget about the impact of even just one new follower.
Tips for Using Twitter to Grow Your Small Business
Here are a few essential tips to help ensure you are getting the most out of Twitter and doing everything you can to use it to successfully market your business:
- Focus on your Twitter bio. Many people skip this step, but the bio is definitely essential to ensuring your business is being seen in the right light, so to speak. Your Twitter bio is a wonderful opportunity to express your voice and brand and make sure people understand who you are and what you do.
- Add a follow button to your website. One secret to growing your Twitter audience is to add a ‘follow’ button to your website. In doing so, you will drive awareness for your Twitter account while also making it easier for people to follow you and stay in the loop with what is going on with your business.
- Work on building your Twitter community. Gaining a lot of followers doesn’t just happen overnight, it’s something you must work at. The first step to this is to start following others first. Begin by following friends, family, customers, related businesses, influencers in your field, and interesting and informative users.
- Remember that content is king. You’re probably tired of hearing this, but you once again need to focus on sharing relevant and interesting content. Twitter is a wonderful platform for sharing small tidbits that people actually care about. Whether images, blogs, or quick knowledge pieces, make sure you are tweeting things people will actually care about.
- Be active and engaged. The most successful Twitter users are those who engage others and participate in conversations on Twitter on a regular basis. Spend some time honing your voice and figuring out what impression you want others to have of your brand.
We hope you now have a better idea of how important Twitter is, especially when it comes to increasing your business audience. If you have any questions about this or would like to learn more about Twitter as a marketing tool, please contact Tech-Critic today.