Email marketing can be an effective strategy that yields great results, but only if done properly. Unfortunately, many business owners have experienced frustration when it comes to their email marketing campaign, which in large part is due to a misstep in strategy. This is why it is imperative to educate yourself about the various email marketing strategies, and learn how to use them properly. In today’s society, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone who didn’t have an email address. Even senior citizens are jumping on board, as email provides as more convenient vehicle to stay in touch with loved ones, pay bills, and stay up-to-date on current events. In fact, more than 100 billion emails circulate around the world each day. This is an incredible statistic that can work to your advantage, if done right.
Permission-based email marketing has a higher return on investment (ROI) than traditional advertising, direct mail, and unsolicited email, and it has had a huge impact on the way in which we conduct business. Furthermore, studies show that email marketing is the marketing tool of choice for many businesses who are looking for a cost-effective way to attract and grow their loyal customer base.
Here are a few tips to help you learn how to use email marketing in order to boost sales, generate leads, build relationships, increase website traffic, and encourage brand loyalty:
- Focus on creating an attention-grabbing subject line. The subject line stands as the reader’s first interaction with your message and business, so it needs to be a good one. Be sure and create a subject line that grabs the reader’s attention and makes them want to open the email, not send it to the junk folder. Some effective techniques include prompting a question, personalizing the message, and providing relevant, informative content.
- Place important content in the beginning of the message. The attention span of an average adult is 8 seconds, which is why it is important to dive right into the point of your message. Too much content may cause the reader to become distracted and just scan your message, instead of actually locking into what you are conveying.
- Don’t be afraid to use images. In order to keep people interested in the information you are presenting, it may be a good idea to include eye-catching images to support your copy. Relevant images or Call to Action (CTA) graphics will keep your readers intrigued and eventually lead them to click to learn more about your business and message.
- Make sure the content is relevant and meaningful. The bottom line? Readers don’t want to be inundated with filler content that they have no connection with. In order to engage your audience and ensure they understand why they are receiving this message, the content should be informative, relevant, and meaningful to the reader.
- Choose the right format. The content itself isn’t the only important part, you also need to make sure it is formatted correctly. HTML and media messages typically generate a high response rate, but it is also important to have a text version for those who prefer this method or can only receive text. Make sure you are working with a good digital marketing agency for this step, as it will go a long way in how well your message is received.
Email marketing can be a wonderfully effective tool, especially if you work with a Dallas digital marketing company to ensure everything is done correctly and well. To learn more about how you can boost your traffic and increase your sales with the help of a smart email marketing campaign, please contact Tech-Critic today.