Readers Find Infographics Useful & Engaging
Visuals are one of the most effective ways to your market your business. When people think of visual marketing content, the first things that come to mind are typically television commercials, video content, and social media posts. Each channel does an excellent job of grabbing a user’s attention and funneling them towards your business. But another type of visual marketing content that often gets overlooked is infographics.
Much like other forms of content, infographics provide your audience with information about your brand. However, with so much information going around, it can be difficult for consumers to remember everything they read. Infographics convey vital information about your brand in a way that consumers can absorb much more efficiently.
While infographics aren’t as flashy as other forms of visual content, they are just as effective at providing users with information and funneling them further down your marketing funnel. If it isn’t already, your business should be utilizing infographics to educate potential customers about your business and what you offer.
Tech Critic has been helping businesses market their brands across various channels, relying on a host of different methods to do so. We understand the benefits infographics present and the good they can do for your brand. To learn more about infographics or how Tech Critic can help grow your business, give us a call today.
What are Infographics?
Before we dive into why you should be using infographics, we should first take a moment to explain what they are. As we mentioned earlier, there is a wealth of visual content that all brands should utilize to boost their brand awareness and increase traffic to their business.
Infographics provide consumers with data, knowledge, and other vital information about your business using graphic visuals. They present information quickly and clearly. Often, brands use these graphics to explain complicated information in a way that users can understand better.
These graphics enhance the human visual system’s ability to recognize patterns and trends, improving cognition and the ability to think critically. At their core, infographics organize data and present it in a visually pleasing and digestible way. Typically, graphs or pictures present information. Infographics are so popular because they are engaging, eye-catching, informational, and concise.
Creating infographics is quite simple. Most share the same components. Here are the main elements of an infographic:
- Visual Elements
- Bright, eye-catching colors
- Graphs that rely on valuable statistics and information
- Reference icons (icons that, by reference or analogy, depict an object or concept it intends on representing)
- References to other sources
- Time frames
- Clear and concise definitions
- Knowledge Elements
- Facts about your business and the products or services your offer
- Other facts relevant to the content
Many marketers would agree that visual content is the most important type of marketing content brands create. Whether a video, image, or infographic, visual content is attention-grabbing. Visuals provide useful information clearly and concisely. In fact, according to HubSpot, infographics are the fourth most-used type of content marketing.
Here are some more statistics to show you the benefit of using infographics:
- Infographics can improve traffic to your website by 12%.
- 90% of the information transmitted to your brain is visual.
- On average, people remember around 65% of the information they see in visual content, compared to just 10% of what they hear.
- Consumers are 30 times more likely to read an infographic in its entirety compared to text articles.
- You can increase your sales by nearly 80% by using infographics and other colorful visuals.
- Consumers like and share infographics more than any other type of content on social media.
- Web content that contains images receive 650% more engagement than content that is only text.
- Of those that have used infographics, 84% of them found them useful.
- Consumers pay more attention to “information-carrying images” (such as infographics) than the page’s text.
- In 2018, 42% of marketers spent under 10% of their marketing budget creating visual content.
Visual content plays a significant role in marketing. Consumers are naturally more inclined to engage with visual content than text content. On top of that, they respond better to images that present useful information than just simple images. Infographics do just that.
Why You Should Use Infographics
Visuals are an essential part of any business’s marketing strategy. Consumers are not interested in reading large blocks of text. In fact, if a reader sees a bunch of text, they are more likely to turn away. Infographics are one of the most effective forms of visual marketing.
There are many reasons why you should be using these graphics, including:
- They are More Engaging. By combing colors, images, movement, and content, you create a far more engaging and enjoyable experience as opposed to just plain text. Readers find these graphics far more interesting and visually pleasing.
- They are Easy to Read. Consumers tend to forget the majority of the information they read. However, they do remember most of what they see. Infographics present information in an easy-to-read manner, allowing them to scan and retain information better.
- They are Easily Sharable. As we mentioned earlier, consumers like and share infographics more often than any content because of their format and how simple to consume they are. They not only boost brand awareness but also increase traffic to your site.
- They Boost SEO: Because these graphics are so shareable, the traffic to your site increases. The more people that link back to your site, the better it will do on search engines.
Contact Tech Critic
Visual content marketing is a vital part of marketing that no business can afford to miss. Not only is creating visual content cheap and easy, but it also provides countless benefits. One of the simplest yet most effective forms of visual content all brands should be utilizing is infographics. These images grab consumers’ attention and present essential information about your brand in an easy-to-read way.
Consumers find infographics engaging, visually pleasing, and useful. They can consume information easier than through just text, which increases the likelihood of bringing a consumer further down the marketing funnel. Tech Critic has years of experience creating effective marketing campaigns to help businesses grow. To learn more about infographics or how Tech Critic can help grow your business, give us a call today.