For small business owners in the DFW area, investing online marketing and SEO services can feel like a costly endeavor. While most business owners understand the importance of having a strong web presence, sometimes the cost can feel prohibitive.
However, you should be careful when looking for cheap SEO services that you don’t end up causing yourself more harm than good! Like most areas of business, when it comes to SEO, you get what you pay for. Low quality SEO will usually be ineffective, and at worst, can even hurt your business and brand online.
That doesn’t mean you need to break the bank either – companies attempting to charge crazy fees can often be just as bad as those pitching discount services. Small business owners in major Texas cities like Arlington, Fort Worth, Mansfield and Grand Prairie should look to find a balance in SEO costs.
How can you balance quality vs. cost in SEO services? The points below should give you some tips on what to expect and how to get a good value from your DFW SEO company…
- Choose a local company. While it might sound smart to save money by sending SEO overseas, in the long run, this will probably hurt more than it helps. Cheap outsourced SEO services will often rely on spam links and other sorts of blackhat SEO tactics that will eventually lead to penalties in Google.
- Build on a strong foundation. For SEO to really be effective, you need to start with a decent overall website. Don’t make the mistake of investing thousands of SEO dollars into an outdated and badly designed website. Often times, doing a simple website refresh is a very high-value activity that will synergize well with SEO.
- Have realistic expectations. If you’re a hair stylist in Dallas, don’t expect that you need to rank #1 for the term “hair stylist” everywhere in the world! Setting reasonable, location-based keyword goals, and moving consistently towards traffic growth each month is the right frame of mind. Any company promising instant rankings on very competitive keywords is probably not being honest with you.
- Go step-by-step. Not everything needs to be done in the 1st month. A good SEO company in cities like Arlington, Fort Worth, Mansfield and Grand Prairie should be able to explain an SEO plan that spans at least 6 months, and covers at least one important area each month.
- Think in terms of ROI. The ultimate goal of any SEO company is to deliver an ROI on your spend. That means that if a company is charging you $2,500 a month, you should generally expect to get at least that amount of value back into your business each month, in the form of new leads and sales. Thinking about SEO costs in terms of ROI will be helpful in allowing you to manage costs.
- Get specific plans and reports. A good SEO company should be able to tell you exactly what they’re going to do, and why they’re doing it. Any company that relies on secrecy is probably not being honest. A good SEO company should also provide detailed reports on your monthly traffic and monthly activities that were completed.
Hopefully these bullet points will help you make a decision on cheap SEO services in cities in the DFW area like Arlington, Fort Worth, Mansfield and Grand Prairie. If you have any more questions on how much SEO services cost, the team at Tech-Critic can help. Contact us today for a free quote.